Good Friday

So, it’s Saturday today and I’m home, feeling weak and craving for some delicacies. And I’m having difficulty writing this blog post as my eye’s blinking and it feels like I’m getting dizzy. Oh man, I’m really hungry right now. It’s 12:01 and it’s only been 2 and a half hours that I ate a heavy meal. Guess that’s because of yesterday. Let’s go to what happened yesterday.

Yesterday was a fun day. We have a rule that Fridays should be interesting. We, brothers, make sure that we drink a lot of booze, talk about a lot of things, laugh and smoke a lot. And we did all of that. At least I did. The fact that I puked shamelessly for 1 hour proves that thing that I had a lot of fun yesterday night.

The day began at 8:30. That’s the time I wake up. And it’s pretty early these days. I’m trying to sleep less than 8 hours a day and read books and do stuff. I find going to sleep boring and a waste of time and that’s made me continue reading “The Divine Comedy”. It’s been a few days that I’ve read that book every night, except for Friday. I do my normal stuffs till 11P.M. and then when I lie down in the bed and can’t go to sleep, I open iBooks and continue with Dante’s Divine Comedy. And I read it for a few minutes, get asleep unknowingly and after a few minutes, wake up. Then again, I can’t sleep, read for a few minutes and then finally go to sleep. This process goes in a loop every night and I’ve been averaging 20 pages a day. At least that’s better than doing nothing and sleeping like a cat.


So yeah, I woke up at 8:30, got freshened up, took my food, went for a fag. It was about 12 when I was back home after having a cigg. Then I started thinking about the evening. We knew we were going to Sam’s Bar and I’d been there before. The first time, it was with Carolien, followed by the New Year’s eve party at Sam’s with my brothers. Sam’s is fun and I really love it. Actually, I was the one who recommended this bar to my group. I was pretty excited and was waiting for it to be 5P.M.. That was when we were leaving from home, since it was Friday and we didn’t want to miss a chance of not having a table for us. So I waited, impatiently, till 4 and suddenly started thinking about writing an article. Earlier that day, when I was having a fag at Rainbow Restaurant, I’d noticed that there were fewer Micro Buses running in the road. Few days back, I had read about the new legislation implemented by the Government of Nepal that won’t allow vehicles older than 20 year to be on the road. 3 days had passed since the legislation and there really weren’t much of old vehicles running. I was pretty happy seeing that. So, I started writing about the new legislation and its impact. It took some time and I could finally write around 600 words on the idea. That 600 words meant 6$ of income for me and that amount would cover my expense for a few days. So I finished writing, emailed it to my article guy and started dressing up for the evening. Before dressing up, I called Atish one last time to inform him that we will be leaving for the club soon. He told me that he was coming home and we will go together. So, I didn’t dress up and went down for another fag. Atish was back from the office and said we should be leaving soon. I returned home and started dressing. I put on a nice red shirt, a black pant, an informal coat and black. Damn, I looked good. Earlier that day, I also went to trim my hair. I wanted to look nice, and I did look nice. Then atish dressed up, we took a cab and went to Thamel. Before that, I bought a mini-pack for the evening.  We headed towards Sam’s, lighting a fag in the cab.

So, we finally reached Sam’s. Seeing the menu, Old Durbar 40 ml. seemed nice and inexpensive too. We ordered that and soon Sabil and Pukar joined us. 2 more drinks came and there was cheers and sipping in. It felt nice, having a relaxed drink after a week. That’s what Fridays are about, relaxation, drinks and the ambiance. Everybody loves that, I am no exception. So I started sipping. The table that we were in was a bit small so we told Sunil Dai, the service guy to reserve us a table after it get empty. A few minutes after, a nice table was available and we immediately shifted there, with our drinks. Again, a cheers for the new table and a soothing music in the background. I was loving this.

Now comes the part that I like the most about this bar. Meeting strangers and having a talk. There was a guy, Kurt, sitting next to me in the other table. He started the talk asking me how’s my day going. I replied good and asked him about his day. Then talks followed and I came to know that he was from California, USA. We talked about religion, politics, Donald Trump, and a lot of other things. That guy had a friend and these two were in Nepal for seeing birds. It was their Major in College. We had a nice chat, good laughs and a couple of fags. He even said that he will add me in Facebook. We talked about picking up girls, illegal prostitution in America and a lot of other things. I shared my part of knowledge about Nepal and he imparted his about America. Then they went and we started having our normal talks. In between, my friends seemed annoyed seeing me talk to someone who was not on our group. But it didn’t matter to me.

Then after, few more drinks followed, few more fags and a few more bag of chips. We were having fun and to add it up, Ashish came by. Again a cheers for the brother and a few more drinks and good talks. Friday was going really good. Then, when it felt that we had enough of drinks, we paid the bill, booked a cab and came home. I was wasted by now. Everything seemed blurry.

Once we reached our apartment, I paid my part of the fare, rushed towards my apartment and threw off my clothes and directly went to the bathroom, and puked. I could not open my eyes. It was worthless trying, so I didn’t. I asked Nischal for a glass of water, cleaned my mouth and drank it. Comes another round of vomit, the procedure follows. After a few minutes, Nischal went to sleep. He was drunk too, in the same level that I was. The only difference was that he could digest it and I could not. It’s good that I can’t. I don’t get hammered the next day since I puke out everything the day I’m drunk. The vomiting happened for almost an hour and then when it felt that I was finally good, I cleaned my mouth again and went to the kitchen and had a glass of water. Then I came to my bed and I don’t even know when I fell asleep. Then the next day, Keyush came and woke me up and I was fresh like I never drank. Then came food, a fag and a cup of coffee and this blogpost.

Back in Sam’s, I met the founder of the bar. Sam is her name and she is the bartender there. I went in the bar two times to talk to her. She seemed really busy but she didn’t ignore me. She told me that she was the founder of this bar and … i don’t remember. I was drunk. But I met her, had two drinks from the bar and lit a fag there. She didn’t allow me to smoke in the serving area so I apologized and came back to join my friends.

SO, Friday was awesome. I had a lot of fun and I’m going to some other place the next weekend. Maybe De Javu Club. We have a plan and we will go there. It’s a bit expensive so I’ll have to manage around 3-4 thousand bucks for the eve. I’ll write a few articles and the money will be there. Just 4000 words and I’m on the way to the club. I hope this new place will be as much exciting as Sam’s was. I’ll write that up the diary, the next saturday.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s